Last Updated Sep 14, 2010 7:54 PM EDT
(Episode 579; 11 minutes 32) Are you as good a manager as you think you are? Even though management styles are improving there are still lots of mistakes being made.
Richard Dunks, Managing Director of Vantage Human Capital, has identified five common pitfalls. If any of these apply to you then you're probably paying for it with decreased productivity and higher staff turnover:
- ignoring people staring out of the window
- trying to be everyone's friend
- being rudeness personified
- ignoring the elephant in the room
- putting your mouth into gear before your brain