SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. (CBSMiami) – At this point, no news that comes from former Miami Dolphins guard Richie Incognito is shocking, even when he is taking a baseball bat to a Ferrari.
Still, Incognito's reaction to Phoenix Fox affiliate KSAZ added to the oddity of the situation the lineman finds himself in.
TMZ was first to report Thursday that neighbors of Incognito's had called police to report that his Ferrari had been smashed on the front with what appeared to be a baseball bat. Incognito later told police that it was him who took the bat to the valuable sports car.
Fox 10 in Phoenix went to the home and Incognito was more than willing to talk to the station's reporter about the car bashing.
"Oh that was, that was just me venting, that was self expression, that's a piece of art," Incognito told the station. "The happiest day of my life was when I got that car and now the second happiest day will be when I donate it to charity."
Incognito called the harassment of Jonathan Martin and his subsequent suspension from the Miami Dolphins, "unfortunate," and said that his dad instilled motivation in him and since his dad is from a military background, "we have some odd ways of training."
Incognito was one of three players named in the Ted Wells report as having harassed former teammate Jonathan Martin in various ways. Incognito, Mike Pouncey, and John Jerry, all were said to be involved in the harassment of Martin, another lineman, and an assistant trainer.
As for his car, Incognito wouldn't say what sparked his anger so much that he took a bat to a more than $100,000 Italian sports car, but hopes something positive will come of it.
"I will tell you this, the Ferrari is going to be for sale through my mission which is helping the brotherhood, whatever brotherhood it is,' Incognito told the station.
for more features.