Watch CBS News

Hoverboard Explodes Inside Weston Home

Follow CBSMIAMI.COM: Facebook | Twitter

WESTON (CBSMiami) -- Broward Fire officials responded to reports of a hoverboard explosion inside a Weston home Thursday afternoon.

The hoverboard was plugged in and recharging when it exploded at the home located on Lakeview Drive.

The explosion caused thousands of dollars worth of damage in the home. Fire officials released photos showing ashes throughout the home.

Another photo shows the exploded hoverboard.

No one was injured in the explosion.

Unfortunately, this is not the only hoverboard explosion. The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission has issued various warnings about hoverboards concerning people injuring themselves after falling off them and battery explosions.  Many carry the United Laboratories Seal of Approval.  United Laboratories says the seals are fake.

People have been injured, but so far no one has been killed.  Hoverboards have been banned in some communities and countries. Major stores no longer sell them.

View CBS News In
CBS News App Open
Chrome Safari Continue
Be the first to know
Get browser notifications for breaking news, live events, and exclusive reporting.