MIAMI LAKES (CBSMiami) – The Miami Dolphins, The Gap and Pollo Tropical will be just a few of the two dozen companies looking to hire at a job fair in Miami Lakes on Tuesday.
The event will be held at the Don Shula's Hotel, 6842 Main St., Miami Lakes from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m.
Companies at the job fair will be looking to fill more than 1,200 positions.
If you plan to attend, you should pre-register online at www.jobnewsmiami.com, print it out and bring it with you. Also bring plenty of resumes, about 30 should do.
If you plan to go:
• Dress for a Job Interview. Many of the companies will interview and even hire on the spot so you want to make a good first impression.
• Get Noticed By Applying Online. Pick out 5-10 companies from the list below that you are interested in working for and visit their website to apply online. If you receive a confirmation code or a print out of the application, bring it with you to show the company that you are especially interested in employment.
• Get Connected. Ask the hiring manager at each booth for a business card so you can follow up with them.
Companies that will be attending:
• Brown Mackie College
• Catholic Cemeteries
• Continental Group
• Cox Media Group
• Damco Distribution Services
• DeVry University
• Drive Time
• Education Dynamics
• G & K Services
• Gold Coast Beverage Dist
• Hollywood Institute of Beauty
• IMA - Integrated Merchant Alliance
• Keolis Transit
• Miami Dolphins
• New York Life
• Northwestern Mutual - The South Florida Group
• Pollo Tropical
• Richard Marshall
• South FL Academy of AC
• Sullivan and Cogliano Training Centers
• The Art Institute
• Value Pawn
for more features.