Get a tax break for these 4 summer expenses

  • iStockphoto

    By Rebecca Lake/smartasset

    Summer's here and for some people that usually means an uptick in spending. But that doesn't have to dampen your sunny outlook. Depending on what you're shelling out your hard-earned cash for, you may be able to score a tax break or credit when April rolls around again.

    Here are four common summer expenses that can reap some major benefits at tax time.