IRVING (CBSDFW.COM) - Irving-based smart phone company Blackberry has agreed to sell.
A group led by the struggling company's largest investor is taking it private for $4.7 billion. Trading of Blackberry's stocks halted ahead of Monday's announcement.
Stocks dropped dramatically on Friday, when the company announced massive layoffs and a major loss in profits.
The Blackberry phone debuted in '99 and was the dominant smart phone before the iPhone hit the market in 2007.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- If You Can't Beat 'Em, Gig 'Em
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Airport's New Parking System Overcharging Thousands Of Drivers
- Ben & Skin Parody: Rangers Won't Die
- More Energy Used: AT&T Stadium Or Liberia?
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures
for more features.