Watch CBS News

House Of Argyle Fire Chief Burns To The Ground

Follow CBSDFW.COM: Facebook | Twitter

ARGYLE (KRLD) - When firefighters were called to a two-alarm fire on Landseer Drive in Argyle Tuesday afternoon, little did they know that they would be battling a blaze at their boss' home.

Argyle Fire Chief Mac Hohenberger and his family lost everything in the fire. No one was home when the fire started and no one was injured.

According to the Cross Timbers Gazette newspaper, Chief Hohenberger believes the fire started when an electrical panel shorted out inside the master bedroom closet.

Hohenberger reportedly built the home 30 years ago and just completed a significant renovation five years ago.

The department has set up a donation list for people in Argyle and across North Texas who want to do something to help. As it stands the family is in need of clothes, clothing store gift cards, grocery store gift cards, water, and non-perishable snacks.

Anyone wanting to help can drop off items at Argyle Fire Station 513, located at 865 Copper Canyon Road in Lantana; or contact Jim Bridges' State Farm insurance office in the Bartonville Town Center, at 2648 FM 407.

(©2016 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)

View CBS News In
CBS News App Open
Chrome Safari Continue
Be the first to know
Get browser notifications for breaking news, live events, and exclusive reporting.