Watch CBS News

Air Conditioning Repairman Burned While Working On Roof

Worker Injured
An air conditioning repairman was severely burned while working on the roof of a Fort Worth food market. (credit: Chuck Schechner/KRLD NewsRadio 1080)

FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) - An air conditioning repairman remained hospitalized Friday afternoon after getting burned while working on the roof of a Fort Worth food market.

The accident happened at the American Market along Miller Avenue, just north of Highway 287.

Witnesses on the ground said they heard an explosion and knew something was wrong.

The unidentified worker wasn't alone on the roof and his colleague acted quickly.

"He [the injured worker] was already down by the time the fire department got here," Fort Worth Fire Department spokesman Tim Hardeman explained. "He had a co-worker with him and they were able to get down of the building before we arrived."

The condition of the worker isn't known but Hardeman said, "The person was burned pretty significantly, to the upper part of his body, and has been transported to Parkland Burn Center in Dallas."

Fire crews were able to put out the flames on the roof of the market. No firefighters were injured.

Also Check Out:

View CBS News In
CBS News App Open
Chrome Safari Continue
Be the first to know
Get browser notifications for breaking news, live events, and exclusive reporting.