DETROIT (WWJ) - Sure, Christmas is a day to bond with family and celebrate with friends. But if you're looking for a way to keep it low key, there's no reason why you have to do all the heavy lifting.
Several retailers and restaurants will be open Christmas Day to help consumers finish their last-minute holiday shopping or grab a bite to eat without stepping foot in the kitchen.
Know before you go and spare yourself a disappointing drive to another store that might be closed as last-minute shopping and meal preparations are taking place.
*NOTE: Hours may vary by location -- you might want to call and double-check before making the trip.
Stores Open on Christmas Day
- CVS: 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Rite Aid: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Walgreens: 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Restaurants Open on Christmas Day
- Burger King
- Dunkin' Donuts
- Pizza Hut
- Sonic Drive-In
- Starbucks Coffee
- Taco Bell
- Dave and Busters - Utica (5 p.m. - midnight)
- Mitchell's Fish Market - Birmingham, Livonia, Rochester Hills
- Cameron's Steakhouse - Birmingham
- Rugby Grille - Townsend Hotel, Birmingham
- Ruth's Chris Steak House - Troy
- Benihana - Dearborn, Farmington Hills, Troy
- Buca di Beppo - Utica, Livonia
- 5ive - The Inn at St. John's, Plymouth
- Iridescence - Motor City Casino, Detroit
- Prism - Greektown Casino Hotel, Detroit
- Tria - The Henry Hotel, Dearborn
What's Definitely Closed
- Apple Store
- Barnes & Noble
- Bed Bath & Beyond
- Best Buy
- Big Lots
- Dick's Sporting Goods
- Dollar General
- Hobby Lobby
- Old Navy
- Office Depot/Max
- Toys R Us
- Whole Foods
for more features.