Watch CBS News

Kitchen fire rips through Dozens restaurant

A fire that started in the kitchen of the popular Denver restaurant Dozens quickly spread on Saturday night. Firefighters rushed to the restaurant at 236 W. 13th Ave. on Saturday evening.


When crews arrived, they found smoke rising from the building. Firefighters believe the fire started in the kitchen and found its way to the second floor.

Denver Fire

Fire damage from inside the building is extensive. The owners of the restaurant for the past 16 years, told CBS4 that they are concerned for their employees.

"Sometimes the hard points in life are the biggest moments... everybody's always dreaming about the future but life is today," said Dozens co-owner John England. "This, unfortunately, is part of ours now, but we have a great crew and hopefully, we've got good insurance." 


The business has been at that location for three decades. No one was injured in the fire.

View CBS News In
CBS News App Open
Chrome Safari Continue
Be the first to know
Get browser notifications for breaking news, live events, and exclusive reporting.