Watch CBS News

Pokemon Go Player Spots Fire At Nail Salon In Sandwich

SANDWICH (CBS) -- A fire that ripped through a nail salon Sunday night was first spotted by someone who was playing Pokemon Go nearby.

The Sandwich fire chief said the Pokemon Go player called in the fire at Super Nails in Merchants Square around 11:30 p.m. Sunday.

Crews saw heavy smoke coming from the attic when they arrived. The chief said nobody was inside the building at the time.

The fire reached two alarms, and was knocked down within 45 minutes.

One firefighter, who had been fighting the brush fire near Joint Base Cape Cod earlier in the day and throughout the evening, was taken to Falmouth Hospital to be treated for heat exhaustion.

The building was completely gutted, according to the chief. He said the cause of the fire was electrical in nature.


View CBS News In
CBS News App Open
Chrome Safari Continue
Be the first to know
Get browser notifications for breaking news, live events, and exclusive reporting.