Watch CBS News

Cambridge Building Evacuated For Carbon Monoxide

CAMBRIDGE (CBS) - A five-story apartment building on Massachusetts Avenue in Cambridge was evacuated for a carbon monoxide alarm just around dinnertime Thursday.

The Cambridge Fire Department found elevated levels of carbon monoxide in the building. The residents were evacuated and then evaluated for carbon monoxide poisoning. The building's heating system was shut down, and Eversource and Inspectional Services were called to the scene.

There were no injuries, and residents of the 90-plus unit building were allowed to return once the carbon monoxide readings dropped to zero.

It is unclear what caused the carbon monoxide levels to increase.

View CBS News In
CBS News App Open
Chrome Safari Continue
Be the first to know
Get browser notifications for breaking news, live events, and exclusive reporting.