BOSTON (CBS) - The Massachusetts Air National Guard will fly five F-15 fighter jets over eastern and southeastern parts of the state Thursday morning.
The flyover is part of a planned media event, the National Guard said.
The fighter jets will take off from Barnes Air National Guard Base in Westfield and will fly at low altitudes on the following route:
• 8:10 a.m. Hanscom AFB, Bedford (1,000 feet)
• 8:13 a.m. Salem (1,000 feet)
• 8:16 a.m. Boston, Massachusetts State House (1,000 feet)
• 8:18 a.m Fenway Park (1,000 feet)
• 8:21 a.m. Norwood Airport (5,000 feet)
• 8:23 a.m. Gillette Stadium (1,000 feet)
• 8:32 a.m. Cape Cod (5,000 feet)
• 8:42 a.m. Nantucket (5,000 feet)
• 8:47 a.m. Martha's Vineyard (5,000 feet)
The flyover was originally scheduled to take place on Wednesday. It is unclear why the date was changed.
MORE LOCAL NEWS FROM CBS BOSTON
for more features.