BOSTON (CBS) -- The rebuilding Boston Celtics will appear on national television just once during the 2014-15 NBA season.
The full NBA schedule was released Wednesday night, and there wasn't much love for Brad Stevens' team. The only time the country will get to see the squad in action is January 14 on ESPN, when the Atlanta Hawks visit the TD Garden. The Celtics will not appear on any of the 68 games that will air on TNT and ABC during the season.
Take a look at the full schedule here, with some of the highlights listed below:
- The Celtics open their season at home on Wednesday, October 29 with a visit from the Brooklyn Nets. It's still unknown if Kevin Garnett will be a member of Brooklyn this season or not.
- The Celtics will get their first look at LeBron James and the new-look Cavaliers on November 14 -- their first time to boo Kevin Love in person. The Cavs will be back in Boston on April 12, with the Celtics visiting Cleveland March 3 and April 10.
- The Celtics don't have any holiday games on their docket, but have afternoon games the day after Thanksgiving and the day after Christmas. As everyone recovers from the tryptophan overdose on November 28, the C's host the Bulls at the Garden at 1pm. The Celtics will be in Brooklyn the day after Christmas for a 1pm matinee against the Nets.
- The defending champion San Antonio Spurs make their first visit to the Garden on Sunday, November 30 for a matinee tilt. Tipoff is at 1pm, leaving fans plenty of time after the game to find a TV for the Patriots-Packers 4:25pm kickoff.
- The Celtics and Lakers renew their rivalry on Friday, December 5 at the Garden, and then again out in Los Angeles on Sunday, February 22.
- Paul Pierce and the Washington Wizards (and Kris Humphries!) will make just one visit to the Garden this season on Sunday, December 7. The Celtics visit Washington twice, on December 8 and 27.
- The Celtics won't interfere with your New Year's Eve plans (or the Stooges marathon), as they host the Sacramento Kings at 1pm.
- Local kids Noah Vonleh (Haverhill) and Shabazz Napier (Roxbury) won't play their first game in the Garden as pros until 2015. Vonleh and the Charlotte Hornets are in on January 5 and February 27, while Napier and the Miami Heat come to town on February 1 and March 25.
- Boston has a six-game Western Conference road trip beginning on January 19, with games against the Clippers, Blazers, Nuggets, Warriors, Jazz and Timberwolves. The Celtics went 0-15 against the Western Conference last season.
- Doc Rivers and the Clippers make their only trip to the Garden on Sunday, March 29 for a 6pm game against the Celtics.
MORE CELTICS COVERAGE FROM CBS BOSTON
for more features.