Watch CBS News

Exploding E-Cigarette Burns Hotel Guest

CHELMSFORD (CBS) – A man suffered burns early Saturday morning after his electronic cigarette exploded inside a Chelmsford hotel.

Firefighters responded to the Radisson just before 3 a.m. and found minor smoke and fire damage.

Chelmsford Electronic Cigarette
An electronic cigarette exploded in a Chelmsford hotel, burning a man's hand. (Image Credit: Chelmsford Fire Department)

A 47-year-old man was treated at the hotel for second degree burns to his left hand after his e-cigarette's battery back exploded.

The explosion came while the man was charging the device.

EMERGENCY COMPONENT - LOCAL

View CBS News In
CBS News App Open
Chrome Safari Continue
Be the first to know
Get browser notifications for breaking news, live events, and exclusive reporting.