BOSTON (CBS) – A Cleveland Circle Chipotle is likely to reopen by Christmas after an outbreak of norovirus forced owners to close the restaurant for several weeks.
Boston Health officials said 153 norovirus cases were linked to the Cleveland Circle Chipotle location. Boston College added that 141 students got sick from eating there, while others caught the virus from classmates.
The restaurant has been closed since Dec. 7.
A city official confirmed to WBZ-TV on Tuesday that Chipotle will likely open again within days.
The official also said a manager has been fired from the restaurant as a result of the outbreak.
A Brookline woman filed a lawsuit against Chipotle, saying her son was sickened after eating at the restaurant.
for more features.