MANCHESTER, N.H. (AP) — City officials in Manchester say three stores have been shut down for selling a synthetic drug called spice that is suspected of causing a spate of overdoses.
The mayor convened an emergency meeting of police and city officials on Wednesday to address the ongoing problem.
Officials say 34 people overdosed between Monday and Tuesday. None of the overdoses were fatal.
Officials say many overdose victims said spice sold under the brand name Smacked and in bubble gum flavor was the main product causing the overdoses.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
MORE LOCAL NEWS FROM CBS BOSTON
for more features.