Watch CBS News

Fatal Frostburg Fire Caused By Electrical Problem

FROSTBURG, Md. (AP) -- The Maryland State Fire Marshal's Office says a fatal fire in a Frostburg mobile home last month was caused by faulty electrical components in an entertainment center.

The Cumberland Times-News reported Tuesday on the investigation into the fire on Green Street on April 23.

Patsy Porter, 65, died three days later at Johns Hopkins Bayview Burn Center in Baltimore.

Two other family members were treated for smoke inhalation injuries.

Fire loss damage to the structure and contents was estimated at $25,000.

(Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

View CBS News In
CBS News App Open
Chrome Safari Continue
Be the first to know
Get browser notifications for breaking news, live events, and exclusive reporting.