Watch CBS News

Carbon monoxide poisoning leaves Sacramento mother, 2 children in critical condition

CBS News Live
CBS News Sacramento Live

SACRAMENTO — A mother and her two children were all left in critical condition following a carbon monoxide incident at a Sacramento apartment complex, officials said Tuesday.

The Sacramento Fire Department said the woman called 911, and when first responders arrived, she was found unconscious. This happened at around 3 p.m. along Center Parkway in south Sacramento.

The two children were between the ages of 3 and 7. All three suffered carbon monoxide poisoning and were hospitalized in critical condition.

Sacramento Fire said a gas generator was running inside the apartment unit and produced the carbon monoxide gas.

The unit directly above was evacuated.

View CBS News In
CBS News App Open
Chrome Safari Continue
Be the first to know
Get browser notifications for breaking news, live events, and exclusive reporting.