Watch CBS News

Public Warned After Dog Eats Something On Jersey Shore Beach And Dies

CAPE MAY, Nj. (CBS) -- A dog has died after eating something it found on the beach in North Cape May, NJ. Now, Animal Control is issuing a warning.

On Friday, a two-year-old dog, described as healthy, did not go swimming in the water. It began vomiting and collapsed in a coma.

Officials say the dog eventually died at the hospital following the ordeal.

Shore Animal Control is advising pet owners to only walk their dogs on the beach if they are wearing a leash. They also remind owners to be aware of anything that their dog might put in their mouth.

View CBS News In
CBS News App Open
Chrome Safari Continue
Be the first to know
Get browser notifications for breaking news, live events, and exclusive reporting.