Watch CBS News

Fire Destroys Home In Delaware; Family Displaced

WILMINGTON, Del. (CBS) — A fire that destroyed a home in Hockessin, Delaware on Wednesday evening was accidental, authorities said.

The blaze broke out shortly after 5:00 p.m. in the 100 block of Neptune Drive in the North Star development off of North Star Road. Firefighters arrived with flames shooting through the roof.

Smoke filled the home and flames eventually broke through the roof. Seven occupants escaped without injury.

Heavy fire damage was estimated to exceed $300,000. Three adults and four children have been displaced because of the amount of fire damage. The American Red Cross provided emergency assistance to the family.

Deputy fire marshals were called to the scene to conduct the investigation. It was determined the fire was caused by faulty electrical wiring.

View CBS News In
CBS News App Open
Chrome Safari Continue
Be the first to know
Get browser notifications for breaking news, live events, and exclusive reporting.