KSB Events was started in 2006 when Kim Somers Blackman decided to offer her creative talents in event planning to the Greater Philadelphia area. Blackman previously worked for the prominent Jeffrey Miller Catering. She perfected her craft during her years with the events company and also has established respected relationships with the most renowned vendors and venues due to her experience as a sales representative with Partyspace.com.
KSB Events offers unique and original themes and decor for many different types of events. Whether it is a wedding, shower, rehearsal dinner, cocktail party or corporate event, KSB will provide creative ideas and deliver the perfect event for your occasion.
She is offering up some trade secrets for throwing the perfect cocktail party. Take note and make your cocktail party the best it can be with tips from one the most successful event planners in the Philadelphia area.
- Make sure you have plenty of (bite size) food available. I usually shoot for room temperature foods. Keep in mind things that need to be chilled. Don't want to send anyone home with food poisoning! Spread displays around your house and make sure to replenish. Nothing is tackier than plates full of crumbs or overly drunk guests because you didn't feed them enough!
- Greet your guests with a signature drink. This way there is not a big line at the bar as soon as people walk in. We all know that's usually the first stop!
- Over-buy your booze. Any reputable purveyor will allow you to return anything that is unopened and un-chilled. So, don't risk running out of red wine or tequila.
- Store extra alcohol under the bar for easy replenishing. Large beverage tubs filled with ice will chill beer and wine quickly if you allow it to melt a bit. Put it in the garage for easy access.
- Have a definite end time to the party. People will stay until the alcohol runs out. Also, have Uber on your phone so that you can get over served guests home safely and limit your liability.
- Have enough seating. Rent extra chairs if you don't think you have enough. It can be tiresome to have to stand all night or fight for a seat. You can buy some inexpensive poufs at Target in a pinch.
- Use disposable plates, glasses etc or rent some if you are environmentally conscious. Renting can be surprisingly reasonable.
- Hire help if it's a large get together. You will appreciate being able to spend time with your guests, not picking up plates and glasses from every table in your house! And the added bonus is you get to go right to bed when the last guest leaves!
Related: Top Cakes In Philadelphia
Christina Thompson is a freelance writer living in Philadelphia. She reports on various topics such as: Social Media, Local Events, Entertainment, Food and Drink and more. Her work can be found at http://firstsendmedia.com/
for more features.