8 Real Reasons Why California Chrome Will Win The Triple Crown
By: Alex Darcey
It’s been 36 years since we’ve had a Triple Crown winner and with the Belmont Stakes approaching, here are the 8 real reasons why California Chrome will take it home this Saturday.
1. He was bred and is owned by DAP racing, which stands for “Dumb-Ass Partners” Racing.
2. His loyal followers have major West Coast street cred and are called the “Chromies”.
3. He has his own country music song titled “Bring it on Home, Chrome”.
How I'd Bet $100 On The Belmont Stakes
4. He just signed a Sketcher shoe deal, Joe Montana better watch his back.
5. His pre-race workout good luck charm is a misspelled saddlecloth that reads “Califorina Chrome”.
6. He traveled to New York in style with a police escorted semi-trailer.
7. He had a temporary possum workout buddy at the Belmont who now don’s its own twitter account @DAPossum1.
8. And finally, the letter “C” is the winningest first letter of the past Belmont winners; luckily Chrome has 2 of them.
I’ll see you in the winner’s circle Chromies. #ChromeLife
for more features.