President Obama's first 100 days have been filled with words.
He has been the salesman in chief, trying to convince Congress, the American people and the world to follow his lead, buy into his plan to save the economy, cut taxes for the middle class, exit one war and engage more in another and transform education, energy and healthcare.
We took some of his recent speeches, such as his inaugural address and speech before Congress (see his recent speeches here) and ran them through a word-cloud generator at http://www.wordle.net/ to see what words surface as the most frequently used.
"People" and "new," "must," "also" and "now" stand out, reflecting his rhetoric of renewal and huge ("also") agenda, as well as "economy," "world," "America" and "crisis."
Daniel Farber is editor-in-chief of CBSNews.com.
- Obama: Proud But Not Content
- Obama Urges Swine Flu "Contingency Plans"
- Obama: Info Gained Doesn't Justify Torture
- Obama: "I Don't Want To Run Auto Companies"
- Obama's "Enchanted" Answer
- Obama Hints At Change To "State Secrets" Privilege
- Watch The Full Webcast
- Huffington: Bank Bailouts Could Be Obama's "Achilles' Heel"
- Valerie Jarrett Defends Obama On CIA Memos
- Republicans Ponder: What Next?
- Americans Sound Off On Obama's 100 Days
- Photos: 100 Pictures For 100 Days
- Timeline: The Obama Presidency Day By Day
- Steve Chaggaris: 100 Days In, A Presidency Still Undefined
- Brian Montopoli: What Has Obama Meant For Black America?
- Marc Ambinder: Grading Obama's First 100 Days
- Mark Knoller: 100 Days By The Numbers
- Lara Logan: New President To Be Tested By Old Enemies
- Declan McCullagh: Obama's Transparency Vow Receives Mixed Reviews
- Jessica Derschowitz: The "Obama Effect" In Pop Culture
- Around The Web: What The Media Are Saying
- Chart: 100 Days In The Stock Market
- Word Cloud: President Obama's Words
- Polls: Obama | Race Relations | Torture | Same Sex Marriage | Our Poll, Your Questions | Video: Polling Director
- Complete 100 Days Coverage
Obama's Press Conference:
CBSNews.com's 100 Days Webcast With Katie Couric:
Recap, Analysis & Reaction: