Job recruiters from major corporations such as Google, General Electric, Campbell Soup and others from nearly 30 industries are reporting that large state universities have become their favorite places to find new college grad hires.
Here are corporate recruiters' favorite recruiting spots:
- Penn State
- Texas A&M University
- University of Illinois
- Purdue University
- Arizona State University
- University of Michigan
- Georgia Institute of Technology
- University of Maryland
- University of Florida
- Carnegie Mellon University
- Brigham Young University
- Ohio State University
- Virginia Polytechnic Institute
- Cornell University
- University of California, Berkeley
- University of Wisconsin
- Texas Tech
- North Carolina State, Raleigh
- University of Virginia
- Rutgers University, New Brunswick
- University of Notre Dame
- University of Southern California
- Washington State University
Why Job Recruiters Love Big UniversitiesFootball isn't the reason why corporation love big state schools. Here are the top reasons:
- Corporate budget cutbacks have reduced the travel of job recruiters making it more practical to focus on larger schools.
- Graduates of top state universities are often better prepared academically.
- State schools are more likely to provide college students with practical work skills.
- Corporations have formed partnerships with some state schools giving them access to professors and students.
Job search image by shidairyproduct. CC 2.0.