Last Updated Dec 27, 2009 7:25 PM EST
- What You Need to Know about Emoticons in E-mail Almost all of my business communication happens through e-mail, so I have a nearly fanatical interest in e-mail tips, tricks, apps, and best practices. It's not unexpected, then, that I'd rank a post about the pros and cons of using the ol' smiley face in e-mail one of my faves. The post also polarized some readers.
- Hacked Global Warming E-mails Highlight Importance of Security Speaking of polarizing people, take a dash of global warming pseudo-science, throw in a heaping of conspiracy theory, and stir it together to learn some lessons you can apply to your own business.
- Force Word to Auto Correct Common Typos Less controversial, perhaps, is a short video tutorial on how to train Word to fix your personal cadre of typos automatically.
- Don't Bring Down Your Mail Server with Reply All Is it possible to crash an exchange server through stupidity? You bet'cha. Don't be the dude that does it at your office.
- Four Tips for a Killer PowerPoint Presentation I love public speaking; it's an opportunity to tell jokes to a captive audience. PowerPoint is my wingman, and here are some of my favorite tips to get you through your next presentation.
- Take Control of Your Inbox with Categories and Flags This was our most popular video tutorial of 2009.