(CBS) - TJ Lane, the suspected gunman in last week's deadly shooting at Chardon High School, is scheduled to appear in court Tuesday afternoon.
Charges filed in juvenile court accuse the 17-year-old Lane of aggravated murder, attempted aggravated murder and felonious assault in the attack that left three students dead and two others injured.
Prosecutor David Joyce said the motive for the shooting remains unclear. He said the victims were selected randomly, and he called the suspect someone "who's not well."
Geauga County Prosecutors filed court papers Monday to limit new information about Lane, reports CBS affiliate WOIO.
Prosecutors are reportedly trying to block media access to any records that deal with abuse, neglect or dependency in the alleged shooter's family.
According to WOIO, prosecutors argue Lane is already under "public scrutiny" and any release of those records "would only magnify the situation for him and his relatives."