(CBS/AP) HOUSTON - A person familiar with the deal says the Houston Rockets have acquired center Marcus Camby from Portland and Derek Fisher and a 2012 first-round pick from the Los Angeles Lakers in separate trades.
The Rockets are sending point guard Jonny Flynn, center Hasheem Thabeet and a second-round pick to the Trail Blazers and forward Jordan Hill to the Lakers. The person spoke Thursday on the condition of anonymity because the deal had not been announced.
The 6-foot-11 Camby brings a much-needed inside presence to the Rockets, who are 24-20 and currently hold the No. 8 spot in the Western Conference. Fisher provides depth and championship experience to the point-guard spot. Goran Dragic has started the last four games in place of Kyle Lowry, who's out with a bacterial infection.
- The Nuggets, Clippers and Wizards have a three-team deal that sends Nick Young to Los Angeles, JaVale McGee and Ronny Turiaf to Denver and Nene and Brian Cook and a pick to Washington, according to multiple reports.
- Yahoo Sports reports that the Pacers, currently sitting in the No. 5 in the Eastern Conference, will trade for Toronto Raptors guard Leandro Barbosa. NBA.com confirms the news and reports that the Raptors will receive a second round pick in return for Barbosa. Ken Berger of CBSSports.com has confirmed the move.
- Ken Berger of CBSSports.com confirms a Yahoo! Sports report that the Blazers have traded Gerald Wallace to the New Jersey Nets for Mehmet Okur, Shawne Williams, and a 1st round pick, which is top-3 protected for an unspecified number of years. Berger reports that two sources indicate the deal is agreed to in principle, while another stipulates that there are "still some details to work out." Sounds like it's cleared from both sides, though.
- The Golden State Warriors agreed Thursday to trade swingman Stephen Jackson to the San Antonio Spurs for small forward Richard Jefferson and a conditional first-round draft pick this year, a person with knowledge of the trade told The Associated Press.
- A person familiar with the trade says the Cleveland Cavaliers have sent backup point guard Ramon Sessions and forward Christian Eyenga to the Los Angeles Lakers. In return, the Cavs are getting forward Luke Walton and a first-round draft pick, says the person who spoke to the Associated Press on the condition of anonymity because the deal must be approved by the NBA's office in New York.