Matthew Perry, best known for his role as loveable wise-acre Chandler Bing on the long-running hit sitcom Friends, is the perennial bachelor. Although not all of his former A-list castmates have stayed married (Jennifer Aniston famously divorced Brad Pitt in 2005), Perry is the lone member who has never made a trip down the aisle.
Perhaps all those visits to rehab, including onegot in the way of finding "the one?"
Whatever the reason, Perry clearly isn't letting life as a singleton get in the way of living well. Putting all those syndication residuals to good use, the Fools Rush In actor has dropped $8.65 million on a fabulous new home above Hollywood's Sunset Strip.
The property, built in 1962, measures 4,000 square feet and boasts an unbelievable view of Los Angeles. Built of modern steel and glass, the sexy abode is the perfect place for a party, with an outdoor entertaining area (below) that includes an infinity pool lawn and fire pit.
The amazing home only has three bedrooms, one of them a master suite that overlooks the pool, but should the 42 year-old entertainer ever settle down, he has plenty of cash for an upgrade. Until then, Perry can relax in his new screening room (pictured below), and reminisce about his televised marriage to (newly single) Courtney Cox. The room seats nine and includes a $12,000 screen.
The Whole Nine Yards star made the acquisition after placing his West Hollywood condo on the market last month for $3 million. He purchased that property from music legend Elton John in 2005.
What do you think? Is Matthew Perry likely to take a wife with this new home purchase?
More on MoneyWatch:
- NFL Star LaDainian "L.T." Tomlinson Selling San Diego Mansion
- Walt Disney's House for Sale
- R. Kelly Faces Foreclosure
- Jerry Seinfeld's Colorado Estate on the Market
- Katharine Hepburn's Beloved Summer Home for Sale
- How Accurate is the S&P Case/Shiller Home Price Index?
- Realtor Data Undergoes Reporting Change
- Top 4 School District Home Prices
- Top 10 Cities for Single Men
- Where Will William and Kate Live?
- Top 5 States for Depreciating Home Values
- Home Sales, Home Values Decline
- Nuclear Meltdown: Will Your Homeowners Insurance Protect You From Radiation Damage?
- New Home Sales Fall To Lowest Level on Record
- Top 5 States for Underwater Mortgages
- Loan Modification Help for Military Servicemembers
- Want a Mortgage? Is Your FICO Credit Score 780?
Ilyce R. Glink is the author of several books, including 100 Questions Every First-Time Home Buyer Should Ask and Buy, Close, Move In!. She blogs about money and real estate at ThinkGlink.com and The Equifax Personal Finance Blog, and is Chief Content Strategist at RealtyJoin.com, a community for real estate investors.