Live

Watch CBSN Live

Mark Zuckerberg gets permanent restraining order against stalker, says report

Mark Zuckerberg's Alleged Stalker Apologizes, Vows to Leave Facebook CEO Alone, Says Report
Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg (AP Photo/Paul Sakuma, file) Paul Sakuma

(CBS) Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg has been granted a permanent restraining order against the man accused of stalking him, according to a report.

Pradeep Manukonda has claimed he never intended to scare to the Facebook founder, but merely wanted personal advice

According to crime website The Smoking Gun, Zuckerberg had obtained a restraining order against the 31-year-old Manukonda. The face of Facebook accused Manukonda of making unsolicited visits to several Facebook offices and "using language threatening to his personal safety."

"I'm a peaceful guy...I'm sorry he thought I was trying to harm him," Manukonda previously told TMZ. "I understand he's a busy man...I'll respect his privacy."

Manukonda, who allegedly took an unwanted to trip to Zuckerberg's home in late January, said he had been dealing with "a major personal problem" and thought Zuckerberg could give him some advice.

He declined to go into any details regarding the alleged "problem," but told TMZ that it was not related to computers.

MORE ON CRIMESIDER
February 8, 2011 - Mark Zuckerberg's Alleged Stalker Apologizes, Vows to Leave Facebook CEO Alone, Says Report


View CBS News In