CBS News correspondent Bill Whitaker reports from the beleagured capital city of Port-au-Prince that American troops pulled a man alive from underneath a collapsed building on Tuesday.
Rico Dibrivell, 35, was trapped under the rubble for 12 days - pinned by debris from an aftershock. He was pulled out with a broken leg, covered in dust, and extremely dehydrated.
Dibrivell was rescued by a team from the 82nd Airborne out of Ft. Bragg, North Carolina, which is also helping to feed hungry Haitians and get this country back on its feet.
On Monday, a 14-year-old girl named Guerlande was rescued from the remains of her house and placed in the arms of her father. She was saved from being crushed in the house by her bed, and had access to water while trapped. Twenty-four other bodies are believed to be buried at the site.
On Saturday, the Haitian government declared an end to the official search and rescue phase, but international teams have continued operations. It's estimated 130 people have been pulled from the rubble alive.
Experts say it is unlikely for anyone to survive more than 72 hours without water.
The 7.0-magnitude quake killed an estimated 200,000 people in Haiti and most authorities stopped searching for survivors this week. U.N. relief workers have said the shift in focus is to critical to care for the thousands living in squalid, makeshift camps that lack sanitation.
According to the Associated Press, some 800 to 1,000 aid flights were still awaiting permission to land, a seven-day backlog, U.N. and European officials reported Tuesday. On top of that, "trucks are needed," U.N. spokeswoman Elisabeth Byrs said in Geneva - especially small trucks because "the streets are extremely congested."
The U.N.'s relief coordinator John Holmes estimated that 2 million people need food, but only 500,000 have received some so far.