Last Updated May 7, 2010 3:47 PM EDT
1. If you watched any of Conan O'Brien's interview on "60 Minutes" last Sunday, you probably sensed the long arm of the law was also in the room, since his separation agreement with NBC had a non-disparagement clause. Above is a subtitled version of the interview that shows what he really meant. If someone is reading over your shoulder you might find this NFSW. (Funny or Die via Andrew Sullivan.)
2. OK, this one is funny if you think Apple not having a sense of humor is funny (and if you don't think it is, then you have no sense of humor). So, Ellen DeGeneres creates a parody ad that makes the iPhone look as though it's hard to use, so what does Apple do? It complains ... which prompts the apology to Apple from DeGeneres I've linked to here. The best part is that -- and I'm sure she only did this for context (!) -- she plays the entire ad again before she apologizes. (Via Gawker.)
3. The Huffington Post presents "The Most Ridiculous Facebook Groups of All Time." My personal fave: "An Arbitrary Number of People Demand that Some Sort of Action Be Taken."
4. Apple fetishists who spend so much time with their iPad that they have no life, now have a place to find friends: Cupidtino, a new dating site for Apple fanboys and girls that is launching in June. Its home page explains:
Cupidtino is a beautiful new dating site created for fans of Apple products by fans of Apple products! Why? Diehard Mac & Apple fans often have a lot in common â€" personalities, creative professions, a similar sense of style and aesthetics, taste, and of course a love for technology.I hear it also helps if you have no sense of humor. (Via TechCrunch.)
5. Since the online porn market has become so damn competitive -- and maybe to get an audience and advertisers during work hours -- Playboy plans to launch a site that's actually safe for work at the (not-yet-operational) URL thesmokingjacket.com. (For you young 'uns, a smoking jacket isn't a jacket that's been singed in a fire. It's a jacket that you smoke in.) Hmmm ... maybe that cuts out the younger demographic right there. (Via my esteemed Facebook friend, David Kaplan at PaidContent.)
Have a good weekend!