The drama between actress Jennifer Esposito and CBS TV Studios continues as the actress shoots down a news story that says she was dismissed from the cop drama "Blue Bloods," calling the article "all lies."
Earlier this week, the 38-year-old actress took to Twitter, blasting the network for putting her on an unpaid leave of absence after she said her celiac disease calls for a reduced work schedule.
The New York Post's Page Six now reports that Esposito's legal team is trying to get her back on the series after she was "written off" from the show. But Esposito charges against the paper in a series of new tweets:
The New York Post cites an unknown source who says Esposito wants to return to "Blue Bloods," instead of filing a lawsuit against the network.
Earlier, CBS TV Studios released the statement: "Jennifer has informed us that she is only available to work on a very limited part-time schedule. As a result, she's unable to perform the demands of her role and we regretfully had to put her character on a leave of absence."
Celiac disease is a digestive disorder caused by foods that contain the protein, gluten, which is found in wheat. On Sunday, the former "Sin City" star tweeted: "CBS didn't listen to my doc and I collapsed on set. Which everyone saw! After a week off my doc said I could return to work but CBS."
The news has since prompted an online petition to get Esposito back on the series, which also stars Tom Selleck, Bridget Moynahan and Donnie Wahlberg.
CBS did not respond to a request for comment.