Glenn Beck's vacation from his Fox News Channel show last week was planned and not an attempt to let the heat die down over the advertiser boycott regarding his claim that President Obama is a racist, reports TV Newser.
-- a deep-seeded hatred for white people -- I'm not saying he doesn't like white people, I'm saying he has a problem. This guy is, I believe, a racist.Beck's show is currently enjoying huge ratings, but more than 30 advertisers now decline to run spots in his time. Clorox recently joined the boycott.
Fox remains in an impossible position: If Beck apologizes, he will lose credibility among the viewers who apparently appreciate his views. If he does not, Fox cannot earn the market value of the spots on his show. And, of course, an apology would require a Fox opiner to admit he was wrong -- which may be the biggest hurdle of all.
- UPDATED: Glenn Beck's Current Advertisers: Extenze and the "Egg Genie"
- UPDATED: Fox Runs House Ads to Fill Empty Slots in Glenn Beck Boycott
- Conagra, Roche, Sanofi and RadioShack Pull Ads From Fox's Beck
- Geico, Others Join Ad Boycott of Fox's Beck Over "Obama Is Racist" Remarks
- P&G, Progressive Pull Ads From Glenn Beck's Fox Show After "Obama Is Racist" Remarks
- Fox Axes Host in Ad Boycott Over Soccer Stadium Deaths