NICE, France - As France continues to clean up after another devastating terror attack killed dozens of civilians in Nice, the country's prime minister warned about the implications of the latest assault.
France's prime minister said the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) could very well have been responsible for last week's Bastille Day attack on Nice, as they have claimed.
Manuel Valls, in an interview with the Journal du dimanche newspaper published Sunday, said ISIS "is encouraging individuals unknown to our services to stage attacks." While the investigation is working on details, he said "that is without a doubt the case in the Nice attack."
ISIS claimed responsibility for Thursday's truck attack that killed 84 people, but neither the extremist group nor the French government has provided concrete signs of an ISIS link with the driver, Mohamed Lahouaiej Bouhlel. Valls said only that authorities "now know that the killer radicalized very quickly."
It was revealed earlier that Bouhlel only had a record of petty crime previously, including a road rage incident.
Valls also warned that "terrorism will be part of our daily lives for a long time."
French authorities say they still haven't identified 16 of those killed and one person wounded in the Bastille Day truck attack in Nice.
The government says in addition to the 84 people killed, 202 were injured in the attack Thursday night, including many tourists from multiple countries.
An official with a special victims' center in Nice told reporters Sunday that 16 bodies remain unidentified, and forensic experts are working with DNA samples to determine their identities. The official did not give his name.
Health Minister Marisol Touraine said Sunday 85 people are still hospitalized after the attack, 18 of them in critical condition.
Many family members have been frustrated by a lack of information about their missing loved ones.
A man and a woman were detained Sunday morning in Nice, according to an official with the Paris prosecutor's office, which oversees national terrorism investigations. The two are suspected of helping Bouhlel obtain a pistol that was found in the truck, according to a French security official not authorized to be publicly named speaking about an ongoing investigation.
A French official in the Paris prosecutor's office says the estranged wife of truck driver Mohamed Lahouaiej Bouhlel has been released from custody.
The woman was released Sunday. She is the mother of Bouhlel's three children, and was in the process of divorcing him. She was arrested Friday, a day after the 31-year-old Tunisian plowed through revelers out to see the Bastille Day fireworks.
The woman's lawyer, Jean-Yves Garino, told BFM-TV that Bouhlel physically abused her and the rest of the family, and she eventually threw him out of the house.
In total, 6 people remain in custody relating to the attack.
Nice's famed Promenade des Anglais is gradually reopening and becoming a shrine to the dead, with memorials set up on the westbound lane of the road where victims were felled. Some spots are still identifiable by bloodstains.
Joggers, bikers and sunbathers on Sunday cruised along the pedestrian walkway along the glistening Mediterranean Sea, where well-wishers placed flowers, French flags, stuffed animals and candles.
The site is also becoming a platform for anger at the attacker. Pained and outraged epitaphs are now written in blue maker on stones placed where police shot him dead.
Many families are angry that they couldn't find information about missing loved ones, and many are angry at police for not preventing the deadly attack despite France being under a state of emergency imposed after Islamic State attacks last year in Paris.