crimesider

Fla. salon manager filed a restraining order against alleged shooter, Bradford Baumet, police say

Bradford Baumet
WKMG
Bradford Baumet
WKMG

(CBS/AP) CASSELBERRY, Fla. - Police said the manager of a Florida beauty salon where three people were shot dead Thursday had requested a restraining order against the alleged gunman and was scheduled to appear in court with him on the day of the rampage.

Authorities said the shooting was part of a domestic dispute, but did not elaborate further. Police identified the gunman as Bradford Baumet, 36. Baumet was served with a domestic violence injunction on Oct. 9 and was scheduled to be in court on Oct. 18 for a hearing with the salon's manager, Marcia Santiago, 44.

Their relationship was not immediately clear. Santiago was wounded in the shooting.

About two hours before the hearing, Baumet entered Las Dominicanas M & M Salon and started shooting, police spokeswoman Sara Brady said. Santiago, 44, was in serious condition at a hospital.

Police identified two other victims as 52-year-old Gladys Cabrera and 29-year-old Noelia Gonzalez-Brito. Authorities did not immediately identify another woman who died.

Police say that after the shooting, Baumet went to his friends' house. He did not threaten them, but said "he had some problems, problems he could not remedy," Seminole County Sheriff's Office spokeswoman Heather Smith said. Baumet died of a self-inflicted gun wound.

Records in Florida and Rhode Island show Baumet was previously arrested for domestic assault, felony assault, stalking, burglary and drug possession.

Baumet was jailed in Orange County, Fla., on Oct. 14 after an arrest for driving on a suspended license. He was released the following day after posting $250 bond and sentenced to time-served.

More on Crimesider
Oct. 18, 2012 - Victims, gunman in Fla. salon shooting identified
Oct. 18, 2012 - Cops: 4 dead after Fla. beauty salon shooting