CINCINNATI - An Indiana couple has been jailed in Ohio on child endangering charges after police say they overdosed on heroin in a McDonald's play area in front of their children.
Hamilton County court records show that the fire department in Green Township, just west of Cincinnati, responded to a call Sunday of two adults needing attention in the restaurant's children's play area. Authorities say one was unconscious and not breathing, and the other was conscious but unresponsive.
They recovered from what police say were "life-threatening overdoses" of heroin. Authorities say the couple acknowledged taking the drugs while with their children, a 5-year-old girl and an 8-year-old boy.
Thirty-seven-year-old Robert Paul Palmer and 33-year-old Tamica Lynn Jeffers, of Dillsboro, Ind., are being held in Hamilton County Jail. They are scheduled to appear in court Thursday.