CBS News was honored with a total of nine Radio‑Television News Directors Association (RTNDA) Edward R. Murrow Awards for excellence in electronic journalism, more than any other news organization. The winners will be honored at RTNDA's awards dinner on Oct. 13 in New York City.
CBSNews.com received its second Murrow Award for best Network News Site. The site also won theearlier this year for Best Overall Network TV/Cable Affiliated Internet Service, which is distributed by Editor & Publisher magazine.
CBS News received three awards on the television side, including the CBS Evening News with Katie Couric for best Newscast, best Continuing Coverage for Lara Logan's CBS Evening News report on U.S. soldiers in Iraq and best Feature Reporting for Kimberly Dozier's CBS News Sunday Morning report on female Iraq War veterans. Dozier's report also won athis year.
CBS Radio News received five awards, more than any other network radio news organization, including the Overall Excellence Award for the fifth time in eight years.
Below is the complete list of CBS News winners:
- Newscast: CBS Evening News with Katie Couric
- Continuing Coverage: "Boots on the Ground," a series of reports by Lara Logan for the CBS Evening News on U.S. soldiers in Iraq.
- Feature Reporting: "The Way Home," a powerful report by Correspondent Kimberly Dozier for CBS News Sunday Morning on two women who lost limbs in Iraq.
- Web site: CBSNews.com
- Overall Excellence: CBS Radio News
- Newscast: "News on the Hour"
- Spot News Coverage: Virginia Tech shootings
- Use of Sound: Bob Barker retires
- Writing: Dave Ross
Click here for a complete list of winners.
The Radio-Television News Directors Association has been honoring outstanding achievements in electronic journalism with the Edward R. Murrow Awards since 1971. Murrow's pursuit of excellence in journalism embodies the spirit of the awards that carry his name. Murrow Award recipients demonstrate the spirit of excellence that Edward R. Murrow made a standard for the electronic news profession.