Live

Watch CBSN Live

Casey Anthony civil trial in defamation case delayed until next year

Casey Anthony at the Orange County Courthouse, in Orlando, Fla., Wednesday, June 15, 2011. AP Photo/Red Huber

(CBS/WKMG/AP) ORLANDO, Fla. - A judge has postponed Casey Anthony's civil trial in a defamation lawsuit until next year.

Pictures: Casey and Caylee Anthony, personal photos

According to CBS affiliate WKMG, Judge Lisa Munyon announced Tuesday that the case, filed by Zenaida Gonzales against Anthony, will be pushed back until Jan. 2, 2013.

Attorneys on both sides of the case had been asking to delay the trial scheduled to begin in April, partially due to conflicts with other clients, according to WKMG.

Munyon on Monday granted Gonzales' lawyer the right to subpoena Casey Anthony, but did not require defense attorneys' to give them the address of the Florida woman, who was acquitted last year of killing her 2-year-old daughter Caylee. Because this is a civil case, without a subpoena, Anthony is not required by law to attend the trial.

By the time the civil trial starts in January, Anthony will no longer be on probation and could potentially be living outside Florida, WKMG reports.

After Caylee disappeared in the summer of 2008, Casey Anthony told investigators that a babysitter named Zenaida Gonzalez had kidnapped the toddler. A woman with the same name is suing Anthony, claiming her reputation was ruined. During her murder trial, Anthony's attorney told jurors that the babysitter story was fabricated.

Complete coverage of Casey Anthony on Crimesider


View CBS News In