Here's a look at the week ahead on our "Sunday Morning" Calendar:
Monday is Veterans Day, with observances at Arlington National Cemetery and countless other locations around the country.
- History of Veterans Day (va.gov)
- Gallery: Veteran Vision Project
- Complete CBSnews.com coverage: Veterans: Honoring our heroes
On Tuesday, singer-songwriter Neil Young turns 74.
To hear Neil Young perform a suite of "A Man Needs a Maid" and "Heart of Gold" at Massey Hall in Toronto in 1971 click on the video player below:
Wednesday sees the House Intelligence Committee's first public hearing in the impeachment inquiry into President Trump.
- Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence hearing with the State Department's William Taylor, Chargé d'Affaires Ad Interim for Ukraine, and George Kent, Deputy Assistant Secretary for European and Eurasian Affairs, at the Longworth Building, Washington, D.C. Nov. 13, 10 a.m.
- Impeachment: Public impeachment hearings to begin (CBS News, 11/7/19)
- Trump wanted Barr to hold news conference clearing him over Ukraine call (CBS News, 11/7/19)
- (CBS News, 11/7/19)
On Thursday, the Baseball Writers' Association of America announces this year's Most Valuable Players in the major leagues.
- Finalists announced for 2019 MVP, Cy Young, Rookie and Manager of the Year honors - National League: Cody Bellinger, Dodgers; Anthony Rendon, Nationals; and Christian Yelich, Brewers. American League: Alex Bregman, Astros; Marcus Semien, Athletics; and Mike Trout, Angels (CBS Sports)
- Baseball Writers' Association of America
- Past MVPs
Friday is Steve Irwin Day at the Australia Zoo, honoring the crocodile hunter who died from a stingray attack in 2006.
- Steve Irwin Day at the Australia Zoo, Beerwah, Queensland
And Saturday marks the 60th anniversary of the opening of the Rodgers and Hammerstein musical "The Sound of Music" on Broadway.
- Brooks Atkinson's review of the original production of "The Sound of Music" (New York Times, 11/17/59)
- Rodgers & Hammerstein's "The Sound of Music" at rnh.com
- Almanac: Maria von Trapp ("Sunday Morning," 01/26/14)
- Maria Franziska von Trapp, last of "The Sound of Music" siblings, dies (CBS News, 02/22/14)
You can stream the original 1959 Broadway cast album of "The Sound of Music," featuring Mary Martin and Theodore Bikel, by clicking on the embed below (Free Spotify registration required to hear the tracks in full):
Story produced by Robert Marston.