I don't care much for the Twitter ramblings of the people I know (sorry, people I know), but I do like the feeds of certain business professionals. You'd be surprised how much value there can be in a 140-character message.
Which feeds offer the most value to discriminating business types? Glad you asked. Here's a list of my seven favorites, all of which will inform, educate, and occasionally amuse you.
- Bizhacks Quite possibly the single best Twitter feed on the planet! Sample tweet: "7 Twitter Feeds Worth Following."
- DanielPink Endlessly interesting insights from the author of Drive: The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us. Sample tweet: "Why Your Customers Don't Want to Talk to You."
- DaveZinczenko Because nothing's more important to your business than your health, the Men's Health editor cranks out daily health and exercise tips. Sample tweet: "FOOD SHOCKER: A muffin is just a cupcake in disguise, averaging 400 calories with as much sugar as a Snicker's bar."
- EntMagazineAmy That's shorthand for Entrepreneur Magazine editor-in-chief Amy Cosper. Sample tweet: "Stuff you should know about getting more leads and closing more sales."
- Erictric A non-stop flow of breaking technology news. Sample tweet: "iPad 2G Rumors Begin Again: 3-Axis Gyroscope Coming."
- MeetingBoy Careful what you say at the conference table. This guy's listening -- and tweeting. Sample tweet: "Word of warning to all meeting holders: you can lead a horse to meeting, but you can't make him listen."
- NYTSmallBiz News, tips, and advice for small-business owners. Sample tweet: "How I Saved My Company: The New Center for Advanced Psychotherapy Studies."
More on BNET: