Takitos Mexican Restaurant
1926 Hollywood Blvd
Hollywood, FL 33020
www.takitos.comTakitos has a great menu for guests that will never grow old. As a matter of fact, each time you drop in, you have the option to try a unique new dish. The problem, however, is that you may become addicted to the first dish you ever try, and never order anything else! As a matter of fact, they are known for "using only the best ingredients that keep customers coming back again and again." Below are some great dishes on their menu! Plus, we have included our own version of these dishes for you to try at home with your family!
This dish can be made with meat or vegan, so that no one is left out. This is one of those dishes that you will want to make in a large pot with a lid, because it will call you out of your sleep and can be eaten for days. For this particular dish, you do not necessarily need to measure everything out — measurements are meant for proportional reasons. Put as much or little of each ingredient that you would like.Ingredients
- 1 Can of Red Kidney Beans and/or Black Beans
- 2 Cloves of Chopped Garlic
- 1 Tablespoon of Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup of Tomato Sauce and/or 1 Cup of Chicken Broth
- 1 Pack of Taco Seasoning
- 1 Can of Diced Tomatoes
- One Cup of Onions
- 1 Bag of Frozen Corn
- 1 Bag of Frozen Peas
- 1 Bag of Frozen Green Beans
- 1 Can of Diced Green Chillies
- 1/2 Tablespoon of Corn Starch
- 1 or 2 Cans of Water per Can of Beans (Depending on preferred thickness.)
- OPTIONAL: Chicken, Steak Cubes, Pork, etc.
- Some cook garlic and onions until tender. Others do not.
- Put everything into a big pot
- Boil and stir until the contents thicken. They will thicken once removed from the heat.
- Olive OIl
- Lemon Juice
- Lime Juice
- Black Pepper
- Squashed Whole Garlic Cloves
- Goya and/or "Tropical Seasoning" may be used.
*Ingredients will vary by amount based on how much chicken and which part of the chicken is being used.
- Combine liquid ingredients.
- Place chicken on the bottom of a bowl or glass baking pan.
- Pour juices on top of chicken and include additional seasoning at this time.
- Put plastic wrap over the top, and let it marinate 2 or more hours, preferably overnight.
- Bake or grill chicken thoroughly
- Don't eat too much!
Sangria's Mexican Cantina
221 S Fort Lauderdale Beach Blvd
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316
www.itsbetteronthebeach.com/sangriasThis restaurant is known for its great dinners and lunch, but even moreso for its nightlife and signature drinks, Sangria's provides guests with nightly live music, $1 Taco Tuesdays and a signature sangria (of course)! With a "2-4-1 happy hour" all day, every day, it's no wonder people love hanging out at Sangria. So, would Mexican Independence Day be any different? If you're in Fort Lauderdale on Sept. 16, check out some of these drinks you can get at Sangia. Then, try our own sangria recipe at home! Because every good dinner deserves a great drink!
- 1 Cup of Fresh Strawberries
- 1/4 Cup Squeezed Lime (into juice)
- 1 Thinly-Sliced Lime
- 1 Thinly-Sliced Orange
- 1/2 Cup of Tequila
- 1/2 Cup of Orange Juice
- 1/3 Cup of Brown Sugar (Adjust to Taste)
- 1/2 Cup of Triple Sec
- 1 750mlBottle of Spanish Red Wine
- Mix everything but fruit and ice until you are ready to drink it.
- Leave the mixture in your fridge overnight to build up bold flavor
- Add Ice for a "Slushy" taste and texture.
- Add the fruit as accessory.
<Related: Top Bourbon Cocktails In South Florida
for more features.