Tantalizing Tartufo Pizza From Wade, Haslem Owned 800 Degrees Woodfired Kitchen
AVENTURA (CBSMiami) -- When two star athletes get together on and off the court, magic happens. That is what Dwyane Wade and Udonis Haslem are banking on at their new restaurant, 800 Degrees Woodfired Kitchen in Aventura.
Both men are foodies and both know what they like. The two joined forces with this west-coast based concept founded by Executive Chef Anthony Carron.
The modern American eatery is about the art of cooking with wood fire set at 800 degrees, where each hot item is infused with just the right amount of smokiness.
The menu includes made from scratch dough pizza, fresh produce, rotisserie chicken, meats, salads, bowls, veggies and more.
"We definitely want you to enjoy your food but also want to be health conscious in today's society so in the kitchen, we have the wood fire stove that's healthy from the jump," said Haslem.
One of those items is Tartufo Pizza.
Lisa Petrillo is in the kitchen with Chef Eddie and Udonis Haslem for today's Digital Bite:
Raw pizza dough — rolled out flat:
- 1 oz extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh diced garlic
- 2 oz of fresh mozzarella
- 1 oz of truffle pecorino cheese
- 3 oz of mixed mushrooms (shitake, mitake, white button mushrooms)
- cook pizza in oven at 450 for 15 minutes
- after pizza is cooked cut into 6 slices add a handful of arugula a pinch of smoked salt, drizzle
- 1 oz of truffle oil
for more features.