TAMARAC (CBSMiami) – Two people and a dog have been found dead inside a Tamarac home, according to the Broward Sheriff's Office.
Broward Sheriff investigators are trying to piece together a disturbing picture of what happened inside a Tamarac townhouse Wednesday morning.
The home is located at 7932 Exeter Circle West on the west edge of Tamarac.
A visitor to the home around 8 a.m. smelled strong fumes and called 911.
First responders found a man dead inside his vehicle, with a note.
"The fumes were strong, it is possible the car was left running overnight," said BSO spokeswoman Gina Carter. "There was another adult male who lives in the home. He was deceased, as well as a dog. Right now this classified as a suicide with an accidental death."
The situation could have been much worse as other homes were extremely close to the dangerous, deadly fumes.
"The adjacent units had to be evacuated because the fumes were so strong but no one else was hurt," Carter said.
BSO has identified the man who found in the garage with his car engine running as 64-year-old Michael Payson and his roommate as 72-year-old Thomas Boyle.
"It's a shock, these are all seniors," said neighborhood resident Michael King. "I feel sorry for the families. I don't know what else to say."
for more features.