HIALEAH GARDENS (CBS4) – A possible grill explosion sent four people to the hospital. Miami-Dade Fire responded to the call of a barbecue grill with a propane tank attached burning.
The explosion happened behind a home at 9885 Northwest 135th Street in Hialeah Gardens.
Witnesses said about 20 people were in the backyard for a Fourth of July party.
Several people were injured.
Out of the four people transported, three of them were considered trauma alert patients.
A family member told CBS4 "it was pretty bad."
Air rescue responded to the call.
The victims were transported to Jackson Memorial Hospital.
The conditions of the patients has not been released.
for more features.