Watch CBS News

Fort Lauderdale Home Burns, Cat Rescued

FORT LAUDERDALE (CBSMiami) – A family's home burned Friday night in Fort Lauderdale, but a cat inside was able to be rescued.

The fire happened around 10 p.m. at 547 Northeast 16 Avenue.

Fire could be seen coming from the roof of the home according to firefighters.

During the response, a propane tank exploded sending flames shooting into the sky.

A bedroom and a rear covered porch were heavily damaged during the fire.

The cat that was inside the home was taken to a veterinarian and treated for smoke inhalation.

The family members were not at home at the time of the fire and no other injuries were reported.

Firefighters do not have a cause of the fire.

View CBS News In
CBS News App Open
Chrome Safari Continue
Be the first to know
Get browser notifications for breaking news, live events, and exclusive reporting.