Watch CBS News

Fire Damages Pembroke Pines Mobile Home

PEMBROKE PINES (CBSMiami) – A burning candle is to blame for a fire in a Pembroke Pines mobile which caused thousands of dollars in damages.

Just after 11:30 a.m., Pembroke Pines Fire received a 911 call about the fire at the Holly Lakes Mobile Home Park located at 21740 NW 7th Street.

Firefighters arrived several minutes later and found flames coming from a bedroom in the home. Moving quickly, they were able to extinguish it before it could spread.

Fire department spokesman Thomas Gallagher said it started when a burning candle tipped over and caught a couch on fire. The fire caused about $15,000 in damage.

The three people who live in the home were not injured.

View CBS News In
CBS News App Open
Chrome Safari Continue
Be the first to know
Get browser notifications for breaking news, live events, and exclusive reporting.