FT. LAUDERDALE (CBSMiami) – It's that time of year again when thousands of runners will take over the streets of Ft. Lauderdale for the state's "largest office party."
Thursday evening is Ft. Lauderdale's 2015 Mercedes-Benz Corporate Run, a 5K, that goes through the streets of downtown Ft. Lauderdale.
The run, which is expected to have up to 7,500 runners and walkers, is open to employees of businesses, corporations, government agencies, financial institutions and non-profits – regardless of company size – and incorporates a special competition to award the overall men's, women's and co-ed teams in 20 different industries.
As part of the tri-county race circuit, a portion of the proceeds from the Fort Lauderdale run will benefit United Way.
Closures already began Wednesday night, and more streets will be closed off as the day continues.
- • 1p.m. – 11 p.m.: Las Olas Blvd will be closed from Andrews Ave to SE 2nd Ave. Also, SE 1st Ave will be closed from SE 2nd St. to Las Olas Blvd
• 4 p.m.: Participants will start arriving – Traffic begins to increase
• 5:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.: Participants continue arriving. Street detours/lane closures along race route start (see course map here: http://mercedesbenzcorporaterun.com/ftl_roadclosures.php)
• 6:45 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.: Actual race time
• 9:30 p.m.: Roadways, with the exception of Las Olas, reopen
• 11 p.m.: East Las Olas reopens to traffic
The Miami Mercedes-Benz Corporate Run, in Downtown Miami, will take place on Thursday April 23rd.
for more features.