GRAPEVINE, Texas (CBSDFW.COM) - Several people were evaluated at a church in Grapevine after a "sticky substance" was found on money given as an offering.
Authorities responded to Fellowship Church Sunday afternoon when several people fell ill after counting offerings. Crews on scene said the money felt "sticky."
At least one person went to the hospital on their own accord. The church employee was released from the hospital without any issues.
The Grapevine fire chief said hazmat teams were called as a precaution.
"They suited up, tested the room and the money in the envelope. Nothing hit, as far as being hazardous materials. We called the postal inspector. They will have that tested," said Grapevine Fire Chief Darrell Brown.
Brown said the incident was isolated and that there should be no reason for concern.
for more features.