Watch CBS News

Teen Killed, 2 Others Injured In CO Poisoning

(credit: CBS)

CEDAREDGE, Colo. (CBS4) - A teen has died and another is in critical condition after being exposed to carbon monoxide in a camper.

Three boys slept in the camper Sunday night in Cedaredge on the Western Slope. The boy who died has been identified as Reid Gates of Cedaredge.

Gates, along with Aaron Henrie and Tyler Cooper were airlifted to the Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children in Denver. Henrie remains in critical condition and Cooper is listed in good condition.

The boys attend Cedaredge High School. Their exact ages haven't been released.

Doctors say the three somehow were exposed to the odorless, colorless gas overnight.

View CBS News In
CBS News App Open
Chrome Safari Continue
Be the first to know
Get browser notifications for breaking news, live events, and exclusive reporting.